[consulting] DrupalCOM: european Small Business distro

Dan Robinson dan at civicactions.com
Sat Dec 17 03:32:20 UTC 2005

>>Did you see my post re the "declaritive" IA and auto menuing?  That
>>seems like a very important part of the "out of a box" experience.  Is
>>that something that you would consider in-scope in this effort?
>>

>Can you explain this to a CEO? I mean in laymens language, what would that do
>for me? I think I missed your post, but it sounds interesting.

Below is a re-post of my original post - hopefully a CEO would
understand it.  I'll try for something a little more explicitly
targetted at a CEO -

Dan (talking to his CEO) -

"Boss.  Look at this new Drupal thingie that Bèr came up with.  All I
have to do is install Drupal and fill in this form and *bam* I instantly
have a menu system and website. Cool huh?"

In short I think that a summary of the above would be to say "impose a
'simple' information architecture (IA) and navigational context (menus)
for a 'brochure' website" - the IA is a simple hierarchy and some
blocks.  I should be able to "declare" something like the following -

Our Services
    Strategy
    Marketing
    Technology Consulting
Customers
   Government
        Education
        Services
    Telecom
        Wireless
         POTS
Team
   Board
   Investors
   Employees
News
[login]

Once that is done I should have a site with menus - DONE

This by the way is a Joomla killer imho (tm).