[consulting] 2,400 Drupal sites for Spanish Municipalities?

Javier Linares devel at javierlinares.com
Wed Dec 21 10:59:54 UTC 2005

On Tue, Dec 20, 2005 at 11:08:03PM -0800, Zack Rosen wrote:
> Sorry, should have provided more context.  This is an ongoing effort
> by the Spanish government.  To my knowledge they have yet to decide
> on a open-source CMS platform for their municipalities.  In my
> opinion this project should be something the Drupal community and
> Drupal consultants should participate in.

I'm Spanish Drupal consultant and it would be great to participate in that
project and propose and support Drupal. However, this is a huge project
with huge companies involved (like Telefonica), and working with these
companies are not easy.

AFAIK, the Pista project was begun with a 'Pista Aula'[1] project[2], in
which participated Telefonica and Gobernalia (BBVA Group), made with Typo3.
They translated[3] Typo3 to catalan and developed some extensions for it.
So maybe Typo3 is now a favourite.

--
[1] http://www.pistaaulas.org/
[2] http://www.gobernalia.com/index.php?id=1846