[consulting] Req for (paid) support

John Sechrest sechrest at jas.peak.org
Sun Dec 25 17:14:01 UTC 2005

At what point does understanding how the current tools work
turn into changing the tools?

As consultants, we are in the role of deploying the existing
tools. When and where we decide to be developers, we engage in
a different problem space.

At the moment, I am trying to explore if there are people who
do consulting who have a recipe that allows the tool to
be used well.

I would like to find a way to allow this kind of conversation to
proceed without it always being pulled into the development conversation
early.

Because when you do that, you drive all conversations into development
conversations. And this breaks the consulting/use conversation.

Is there a way to refactor the conversations on the consulting list
to the development list in a way that works for you. But which still
leaves room for a discussion of how the tools currently work
and what the recipes that people currently use to make the tools work?

=?utf-8?q?B=C3=A8r_Kessels?= <ber at webschuur.com> writes:

 % Can we please take this discussion to development at drupal.org.=20
 %
 % Thanks