[consulting] the Ultimate forum based Malinglist Manager

Jason Flatt drupal at oadae.net
Fri Dec 30 07:12:28 UTC 2005

On Thursday 29 December 2005 21:59, Dan Robinson wrote:

> Your point is well taken - but the idea of having "established
> standards" seems like a showstopper.  Also what you will wind up with
> are some tools you can use to write some more code.  My personal opinion
> is that there are no silver bullets here at all - just a lot of
> choices.

Based on Ber's opening statements, my impression was just the opposite.

> We'll pursue a MLM specific solution (ezmlm)

See, already there is splintering.  You are persuing ezmlm and CivicSpace is
persuing Sympa.

> and leave open
> the possibility of integrating other MLM's (or Drupal code) - however
> there will be no guarantee that another MLM will be adaptable to the
> code - because it may not have an adaptable interface (for example I
> have no idea if Mailman will be able to easily "slot into" the
> solution).

And this is the one I'm interested in.

> So what do you propose to actually produce?

Actually, I'm not really sure.  I was under the impression that this was the
beginnings of the ground work and that no specific implementations were being
discussed (except for the fact that there are some who are already persuing
it on their own).

> What "standards
> compliant" software are you referring to?

Mostly, I'm referring to RFCs.  While I realize there aren't a lot for
governing MLMs, there are some.

--
Jason Flatt
http://www.oadae.net/