[consulting] PHP MySQL Development System

Greg Knaddison - GVS Greg at GrowingVentureSolutions.com
Sat Dec 9 21:54:38 UTC 2006

On 12/9/06, Carole St. Laurent <carole at fluiditsolutions.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm using Dreamweaver for my PHP/mySQL development, with phpmyadmin. Is
> there anything better like a visual studio for it?

Hi,

I use and suggest the tools from MySQL themselves:

http://www.mysql.com/products/tools/

Specifically the Administrator (creating users, changing permissions
from a GUI). and Query Browser (running queries, creating schemas,
other GUI based with the data).

Due to the MySQL permission structure, these are not always possible
to use against a remote server.  However, they should work fine for
local development.

Greg