[consulting] Patching code on client's site, and general packaging of customizations

Anton anton.list at gmail.com
Thu Dec 14 21:26:07 UTC 2006

On 15/12/06, Dave Cohen <drupal at dave-cohen.com> wrote:
> I too use subversion, and I follow the practice described in their manual
> called vendor branches: http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.1/ch07s05.html

Another thing I find useful in subversion is to develop modules (and
to a lesser extent themes) in their own little subtrees with
tags/branches etc. Then I bring these into Drupal via the
svn:externals property on the Drupal themes and modules directories.
That way you can better reuse work on modules as well as quickly and
easily swapping different versions of modules in and out of different
sites.

I've even started bringing in contrib modules the same way so I can
change between branches easily.

--
Cheers
Anton