[consulting] Patching code on client's site, and general packaging of customizations

Gary Feldman dpal_gaf_consult at marsdome.com
Fri Dec 15 03:51:46 UTC 2006

Dave Cohen wrote:
> I too use subversion, and I follow the practice described in their manual
> called vendor branches: http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.1/ch07s05.html

That's pretty much what I do, too.  It's manageable for core, but
modules (at least in 4.7) make it much more complicated.  Perhaps it's
worse for me, since I'm new at Drupal, and keep trying a variety of
modules.  Every time I add a new module, I have to do another import,
and figure out a new tag.  Then doing merges gets ugly.

The 5.0 module version scheme should help this - at least making it
easier to map my Subversion tags to the CVS versions.

Gary