[consulting] Drupal considerd dangerous

Evan Leibovitch evan at telly.org
Thu Dec 21 20:08:26 UTC 2006

Kieran Lal wrote:
>> There are no qualifications or "it's not always the best choice" type
>> honest comments anywhere to be found.
>>

> By targeting specific uses we tried to highlight it's strengths.
> Highlighting weaknesses is not very useful as it's frequently the
> limitations of the users ability to use a tool that are the real
> weakness.

Well, there we have it: "There are no weaknesses in Drupal, just
weaknesses in users' ability to master it."

You have me at a loss for words, I honestly have no answer to something
so incredibly arrogant.

>> Small businesses are explicitly mentioned as a target group for whom
>> Drupal is the right answer.
>> In fact, the page offers no realistic appraisal of what Drupal doesn't
>> do well, which is also what people coming to such a page are
>> looking for.
>>
> What do you suggest?

The kind of honesty that Bill suggested. An acknowledgement that Drupal
isn't for everyone, and a frank analysis of its advantages and
drawbacks. Respect for users' intelligence rather than contempt.
Emphasis on understanding what users need, rather than what you expect
of them.

- Evan