[consulting] Drupal considerd dangerous

Bèr Kessels ber at webschuur.com
Thu Dec 21 21:05:18 UTC 2006

Op donderdag 21 december 2006 21:45, schreef Greg Knaddison - GVS:
> This is something that seems pretty important to you and it would be
> great if you can channel that energy into some documentation that
> could help other users.  If you're right that it would appropriately
> reduce expectations for new users then that's also a great benefit to
> the community in addition to the individual users.

In this very case, I suspect that some discusion aforehand is good. I don't
think that Drupal.org is waiting to serve pages that only tell that it sucks.
This needs to be well balanced, *and* wanted, *and* accepted by te community
first.
Or at the very least we need a place (mail archives) to point people to when
they say 'fooBar is telling Drupal is crap, please ban her'. and so on.

But the most important is to find a way to make this a good part of Drupal.
Personally I'd rather see a 'Joomla and Drupal' group at groups.d.o that
finds out how both systems can benefit from eachother, then a page telling
(singlesighted) where one CMS or the other sucks at.

Constructive criticism is far more useful, especially when taken serious by
those in charge, then rants.

Bèr

Another reaction on this issue on my blog: http://webschuur.com/node/675

--

Ik doneer alle advertentie inkomsten x2 aan Serious Request/Music 4 life. Doe
ook mee:

Drupal, Ruby on Rails and Joomla! development: webschuur.com | Drupal hosting:
www.sympal.nl