[consulting] Drupal considerd dangerous

Morbus Iff morbus at disobey.com
Tue Dec 26 13:29:04 UTC 2006

> out about it when the got stuck and had to pay some core developers
> really high rates per hour to get them unstuck. Of course core guys can
> build what ever they want. The swim in the code all day long and have
> done so for years. This does not mean it is the right choice for a startup.

I'd like to point that it is VERY unlikely that "paying a core guy"
would actually cause THEM to modify *core* (where "core" is described as
anything that ships with Drupal). Any decent Drupal developer who thinks
the solution is modifying core is *not a decent Drupal developer*. Your
admonition that "knowing core" is required to be good at Drupal is
incorrect: core developers, and the code they write, serve the lofty
goal of making it easier to *never modify core*. Quality Drupal devs
know how to do magick using only the APIs that core provides.

--
Morbus Iff ( rootle-dee-tootle-dee-toot! )