[consulting] Drupal considerd dangerous

Sami Khan sami at etopian.net
Tue Dec 26 22:56:49 UTC 2006

Morbus Iff wrote:
>> If could figure out how to actually get of your lists
>>
>  > which I have tried a number of times I wouldn't be here.
>
> I'd like to now request that you actually stay. It is apparent that your
> wisdom and intellect is on a level quite different than anyone who
> should be using Drupal, much less consulting for it, and I anxiously
> await the next nugget you'll pass on. Don't leave us!

I think this whole thing has degenerated and kind of gone to where it
shouldn't have... I don't think that Kaliya meant to be offensive at
all, as she has helped with the community in the past as mentioned in
her replies. It's just that she's from a different part of the community
which is less technical and I guess because of that, it's sort of at the
mercy of developers to help her sort through all the mess that goes with
software development... and I think she's been burned by it and is kind
of bitter at the developer(s) and not at the community... But
unfortunately, in this thread she seems to come off as if she were, and
I know as a fact she isn't. I do think we need to understand her point
of view for the reason that other people might see things her way as
well. That being said, I do think that this is a consulting list and not
an insulting list and we should focus on positive actions that we can
take to reduce this sort of view and I don't think that Kaliya leaving
is conducive to that. So I do ask Kaliya to stick around... It's getting
better all the time if you hold tight! Also Kaliya, if you need some
help with going through all the choices and re-evaluating Drupal or
trying to evaluate other technology, drop me an e-mail, I would be happy
to help you pro bono.

Regards,
Sami