[consulting] Re: Costs of forking

Jeff Eaton jeff at viapositiva.net
Thu Feb 9 16:42:03 UTC 2006

No, I think you're correct, Greg. I think what I was getting at was that
when it comes to *explaining* the cost of getting patched code into core
or a contrib module, categorizing it as 'support' rather than
'development' makes a lot more sense from a client-side perspective.
It's a lot easier to sell it as a support benefit than an ideological
'giving back to the community' thing.

--Jeff