[consulting] Drupal Professions Shop Conference Call

Gerhard Killesreiter gerhard at killesreiter.de
Thu Feb 23 21:28:14 UTC 2006

Jason Flatt wrote:

>On Thursday 23 February 2006 08:30 am, Gregory Heller wrote:
>

>>Jason,
>>
>>It doesn't sound like you are the target participant for this call.  The
>>target participant is a representative from a current Drupal Shop
>>(consulting firms specializing in drupal deployment, drupal development,
>>etc).  The idea is for shops that are doing lots of Drupal work to talk
>>about the work they are doing so that folks know what is going on in the
>>industry, any major client funded module development, and the challenges
>>that we are facing (like not having enough developer resources, etc).
>>
>>This call is not intended for individuals who are dabbling in drupal.
>>
>>-Gregory
>>

>I am not dabbling in Drupal.

I've in fact seen more contribution to the Drupal project at large from
Jason than from you, Gregory.

Does anybody else find it a bit strange that all of a sudden people who
haven't been active in the Drupal community want to be the cheerleaders
of Drupal enterprises and define who is allowed to join their ranks?

>Also, I'm not really ever planning on being part of a shop.  It's not the kind
>of person I am.  I will probably always be a lone cowboy, though I'm not
>above working with others to achieve a common goal.  But, who knows what the
>future holds for us.

I've found it quite helpful to team up with other Drupal freelancers to
achieve common goals (like a contract which wouldn't go to a single
consultant).

Anyway, I am not interested in that call. I am not a talk-talk type and
my timezone is too far off.

Cheers,
    Gerhard