[consulting] A defense for new users

Adrian Simmons adrinux at perlucida.com
Fri Feb 24 23:20:52 UTC 2006

Chris Johnson wrote:
> I believe we can accommodate all 3 groups of users.  I think Jeff Eaton
> has outlined a way to do that.  By acknowledging and agreeing that they
> exist, focusing groups of resources
Yes, but the problem Kieran outlined is that only group one 'users' are able
to bring this about and do the work - and they really don't *need* or want
too. You can't focus resources unless you have resources to focus. You need
to convince those group 1 users (developers) why this is a good thing for
them, or at least provide a financial incentive for them to care.

But personally I'm with Ber on this one - Drupal is big and complicated,
pretending it's anything else will cause user frustration.

--
Adrian Simmons (aka adrinux) <http://adrinux.perlucida.com>
e-mail <mailto:adrinux at perlucida.com>