[consulting] and they call it drupalcamp

Kieran Lal kieran at civicspacelabs.org
Sat Feb 25 15:50:10 UTC 2006

On Feb 25, 2006, at 12:48 AM, Henri Poole wrote:

> Kieran,
>
> We all owe you and your team a great deal of gratitude for the
> writings that you are publishing. Diversity of materials to support
> learning modes important. Both online and offline will fit
> different individuals preferred style and are both important.
>
> Thanks for the link. BTW, what license are you using for these works?
>
> It is attributed to you but there is no license information provided.

It is my understanding that everything in Drupal.org is under CCSA.
When we first started working on the documentation project a year ago
we(Drupal.org, Bryght, CSL, and Development Seed) agreed to share all
our documentation under CCSA.  For technical reasons it's taken a lot
longer to export the handbook to CivicSpaceLabs.org than I had
wanted.  But in the long run I hope to see every shop running a
customized version of the Drupal handbook for their customers, while
everyone continues to contribute to the core documentation.

Support costs can be crushing for any Drupal shop.  We hope that by
having the handbook available it can greatly reduce the support
burden for shops.  We also believe that a well pruned handbook can
make a Drupal service provider appear to provide the depth and
experience that customer are looking forward.

More and more I am seeing the value of Drupal is not in the software,
but what is available on Drupal.org.  Thanks for asking that
important question.

Cheers,
Kieran