[consulting] $500 Bounty: Download Module

Dominic Ryan brashquido at brashquido.org
Sat Jul 15 04:02:23 UTC 2006

I am in rather urgent need of having a download module developed to
specification for Drupal 4.7 so that I can complete a migration project.
I've looked at other modules, and Disknode comes close but lacks several
required features. My requirements might be achieveable through
development of the existing Disknode code, but am willing to look at
starting from scratch if need be. For simplicities sake I will use
Disknode as a base of reference, and the following requirements are over
and above what Disknode already has;

1) AJAX Uploader: Implement AJAX uploader code from core upload.module.
Not sure if it is possible, but an upload completion indicator would be
really handy here to, but not required.

2) Remote File Storage: Need to be able to specify a download URL
located on another server/website. This is actually the major feature
lacking in Disknode that is holding me up my migration to Drupal.

3) Presentation: If using the Disknode codebase, some tidying of
presentation will be required.

4) File Mirror: Users with the "upload files" permission have a "mirror
file" checkbox that if checked will automatically download the file
specified in the remote download URL. If no remote download URL is
specified or the "mirror file" box is not checked, then the user is
prompted with the AJAX uploader to upload the file from their local PC.
Disknode already has the functionality to download remote files to the
local repository.

5) Bad Link Checker: Have a link checker that is able to check through a
definable number of links per cron run for bad links. If a bad link is
found and the file is mirrored locally then all requests for that file
should be redirected to the local file. All bad links should be listed
on an admin page to alert admin with a delete option to clear alert when
rectified.

6) PAD Support (http://www.asp-shareware.org/pad/): Allows nodes to be
added and updated remotely via XML by the node owner.

Bounty: $500AUD ($375USD/£205GBP).

Delivery time: Preferably 2 weeks, but can stretch to a month (at most).

All offers welcome, but please no day dreamers as this project is
already 4 months behind schedule. If you are interested please contact
me. Previous Drupal module development work would be a great advantage.
If public interest is shown, then I would also like to have this module
released back to the Drupal community.
--
Dominic Ryan
IT Headquarters Webmaster