[consulting] Calendar with Outlook Integration

Greg Knaddison - GVS Greg at GrowingVentureSolutions.com
Thu Jun 8 18:03:15 UTC 2006

On 6/8/06, Kieran Lal <kieran at civicspacelabs.org> wrote:

> On Jun 8, 2006, at 9:58 AM, Matt Westgate wrote:
>

> > On Jun 8, 2006, at 11:49 AM, Kieran Lal wrote:
> >

> >> I think having screencasts in the administration >> help handbook
> >> pages is completely a doable goal.
> >>
> >> If you write a page indicating how to produce these then I'll link
> >> to it from http://drupal.org/handbook/modules asking for
> >> volunteers to produce videos for 80-100 modules to show them in
> >> action.
> >>

> > Awesome idea. There's a videocasts section in the handbook here:
> >
> > http://drupal.org/videocasts
> >
> > As well as instructions on how to create your own videocasts,
> > including downloads to a Drupal bumper clip and creative commons
> > slide for a consistent look and feel
> >
> > http://drupal.org/node/62196
>
> Matt, Lullabot's screencasts are great, but they aren't interactive
> which is what I really like about Greg's.  Perhaps we can get
> descriptions for both types up.

Well, I'm having a lovely conversation with myself about the process
on non-Mac machines over here:
http://groups.drupal.org/node/481

Other opinions welcome :)  Based upon those pages, I'll add another
page to the videocasts handbook about using Wink and Camstudio to
create the tutorials as I have done them.

While I think it's important to have a consistent look/feel to the
screencasts it's also important in my mind to recognize the work of
the companies/individuals who created them.  For others to be able to
tweak the "Drupal Bumper" in similar ways to lullabot (i.e. adding
their title and logo) it would be nice if the bumper was provided in
XCF format (or PSD if that's what you have).  Perhaps the bumper
should be rethought to better focus on the important elements - It's
about Drupal, which version of drupal, and who the volunteer is that
created it.

Cheers,
Greg

--
Greg Knaddison | Growing Venture Solutions
Denver, CO | http://growingventuresolutions.com