[consulting] OG Roles

Greg Knaddison - GVS Greg at GrowingVentureSolutions.com
Thu Jun 8 18:46:36 UTC 2006

On 6/8/06, Angela Byron <drupal-consulting at webchick.net> wrote:
> neil.mcevoy at ondemand-network.com wrote:
> > Hi guys
> >
> > Noticed in GoJoinGo that OG has been extended to allow more granular
> > control of who can post what types of content to it. Very useful as I'd
> > like to be able to delegate to group owners to have more of this level of
> > controls etc.
>
> Yeah, I never did get around to submitting this as a patch to the
> "official" OG module, both because the functionality wasn't ever quite
> 100% finished, and also because test users complained about the added
> complexity in the UI... it's also pretty specialized behaviour that not
> a lot of people need so I doubt it would be accepted as a "core" OG patch.

If I beg you to post the patch and point us at the issue would that be
worth anything?  Cause I'm begging!

I'd +1 it and provide testing/feedback on improving UI if necessary.
The functionality you describe seems really nice and useful to me.

Thanks,
Greg

--
Greg Knaddison | Growing Venture Solutions
Denver, CO | http://growingventuresolutions.com