[consulting] OG and payments

Khalid B kb at 2bits.com
Sun Jun 25 22:28:57 UTC 2006

Hello everyone

I have a question regarding a paid content site. Several authors would
be involved in writing on the site, and visitors may subscribe to content
based on the author they are interested in.

My thoughts are to use og and have a group for  each author, where they
can designate some content as being public,  and the rest of it to group
members only.

So, the question is: has anyone done anything to make someone a member
of a group based on the payment (e.g. via paypal framework and paypal
subscriptions)? Is there a way to make a certain role be a group member
automatically?

Any other ideas and thoughts are welcome.