[consulting] CMS comparison

Dan Robinson dan at civicactions.com
Tue May 9 17:02:08 UTC 2006

> Today I saw the article about CMS War:
>
> http://www.torkiljohnsen.com/2006/05/09/cms-war/
>
> And it looks from the graph that drupal is doing well, but that
> Joomla is doing better.

in my opinion there is nothing to worry about.  Running a close second
like that can be an advantage (we're number 2 and we try harder).
> What are the features of Joomla that people are reacting to, which
> drupal does not have?

this has been discussed extensively elsewhere.  My take-away - Joomla
does better "out of box" than Drupal.

> What are the features of drupal that people don't know, but which
> if they did, would cause them to prefer drupal?

it isn't about features it is more about focus.  There are more "casual
users" and "brochure websites" out there than "web heads" and "community
web platforms".

What trips me out is the spike in Mid April - what is that about??