[consulting] CMS comparison

Scott Trudeau strudeau at umich.edu
Tue May 9 17:12:29 UTC 2006

Perhaps the Lazy Guy isn't an idiot if all he needs is a simple, good
looking, 5 page site in 5 minutes and doesn't need a full out application
development framework.  There's lots of love to go around in the open source
CMS world.  I've deployed sites on WordPress and TextPattern for which those
platforms were perfectly adequate and appropriate.   I'm working now on my
first full-on Drupal site.  I don't consider myself an idiot.  I use *a*
right tool for the job.

I think what is exciting in the Open Source CMS world is that out of the
jumble are emerging a few clear leaders, including Drupal and Joomla.

In other words, be nice.  Save your ire for poorly done and overpriced
non-free software.

Scott