[consulting] CMS comparison

Bill Fitzgerald bill at funnymonkey.com
Tue May 9 17:18:17 UTC 2006

Hello, all,

Once an app has reached a critical mass and becomes self sustaining,
it's less about popularity and more about functionality. As others have
said, Joomla looks better out of the box, and lets you do a small number
of things quickly. However, with Joomla, have fun going beyond that
basic functionality.

Drupal gives you a more flexible platform than Joomla, and nobody would
really argue that point. Discussions about popularity, and especially
discussions about popularity based on page views, don't factor
functionality/flexibility into the equation.

RE the spike in mid-April: possibly SoC related?

Cheers,

Bill