[consulting] CMS comparison

Gerhard Killesreiter gerhard at killesreiter.de
Tue May 9 18:31:30 UTC 2006

John Sechrest wrote:
> Today I saw the article about CMS War:
>
> http://www.torkiljohnsen.com/2006/05/09/cms-war/
>
> And it looks from the graph that drupal is doing well, but that
> Joomla is doing better.

The Alexa stats are not to be trusted. The increase from mid-April isn't
backed by the stats from drupal.org.
It is possible that they changed their algorithms, though.

> What are the features of Joomla that people are reacting to, which
> drupal does not have?

When you install it, it is much shinier. :p

> What are the features of drupal that people don't know, but which
> if they did, would cause them to prefer drupal?

I beliebe that Joomla offers an easier way to get something out of the box.

And no, I don't want Drupal to follow down that path.

Cheers,
    Gerhard