[consulting] Joomla vs. Drupal

David Geilhufe dgeilhufe at yahoo.com
Tue May 9 18:07:31 UTC 2006

I think Joomla is better because it makes more sense "out of the box."

All the work around install profiles, however, will give Drupal the same
ability to shine "out of the box". As you guys know, CivicSpace works on
some of these core issues like install profiles, which we hope will make
it into 4.8. (Watch the demo of working install system code:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COg-orloxlY)

Right now, to address the Joomla question, I think the priority has to be:
(1) Get install system fully working and tested (as always, CivicSpace
accepts investments :)  [http://www.civicspacelabs.com/node/11]
(2) Build some high quality install profiles that will blow the doors
off Joomla.

david
--

David Geilhufe