[consulting] CMS comparison

Bèr Kessels ber at webschuur.com
Tue May 9 18:09:07 UTC 2006

Op dinsdag 9 mei 2006 20:31, schreef Gerhard Killesreiter:
> And no, I don't want Drupal to follow down that path.

This is something we should really follow IMO. Drupal is not joomla. It is not
Ruby on Rails, nor is it wordpress.

We should not try to be these either. (says the person who wants to bring more
RoR happyness to Drupal).

But Drupal lacks this vision too. Gerhard points out that he does not want
something. Other people *do* want to follow that path. There are people
spending hours on making the OOTB experience shinier. Others are working on
making Drupal more blogfriendly (getting it close to Wordpress).

But should we really not take a POV. Take a stand? Should Drupal not tell and
explain what it *is* and what it *wants to be*.

*Is* Drupal really your blog tool?
*Does* Drupal really want to conquer the world?

seriously, can anyone explain to me, to the outsideworld
* who drupal is for,
* what drupal is
* what drupal will be in half a year.

I think nobody can. And I think that is the greatest weakness of Drupal, and
the reason why Joomla does better, and even Wordpress does better (in certain
areas).

Bèr