[consulting] Use of groups.drupal.org

Gregory Heller gregory at civicactions.com
Mon May 15 12:58:25 UTC 2006

The only thing i see missing from the RSS is perhaps a group subject
prefix on the messages.  I subscirbed to all my groups, and now i can't
easily tell which group a message is from.  Could message subjects be
prefixed with group name? or a short group name? like [New York] for the
NY dug?

Or perhaps instead of giving me one combined feed, whne i subscribe to
my groups feed, i could be given an opml of all the individual rss feeds?

Dan Robinson wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> I know that we've had the conversation about moving over to groups and
> that the decision is to wait until the mail is ready.  I had an aha
> moment yesterday working with groups.drupal.org.  Again, sorry if this
> is old material but basically I was thinking - "who needs email
> lists?".  I'm a huge proponent of the inbox as a productivity tool and
> user interface - and in "list backed forums" in general.  As a matter of
> fact I didn't think that groups.drupal.org would take off until we had
> og2list going.  However I set up my RSS feeds for groups and it comes
> into my mail client and I realized that basically I don't need much
> more.  The only two things would be:
>
> a) Comments in the RSS feed - I am not an RSS guru so I don't know if
> this would be possible (i'm sure that the comments could be exported - I
> wonder about "threading" however).
> b) An inbound mail interface might be nice - and we already have that
> capability with the mail command thingie.  Or maybe the "add new
> comment" line would be fine.
>
> I can see this being a long-term solution for my clients who want list
> backed forums.
>
> Dan

----
Gregory Heller
http://www.CivicActions.com
http://www.GregoryHeller.com
AIM/SKYPE: GregoryHeller

The content of this email message is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5 License, Some Rights Reserved.

Get Firefox! The Browser you can trust http://www.mozilla.com
Reclaim you inbox with Thunderbird! http://www.mozilla.com