[consulting] Affiliate module requirements

Jenny Hsueh lists at ondemand-network.com
Fri May 19 09:43:03 UTC 2006

Just about to say, in terms of ecommerce/affiliate user experience and
functionality,  1shoppingcart will be the model that  we would like to
see Drupal implementation to follow.

I wonder would it be more cost effective that we provide a bridge
between drupal and 1shoppingcart (or similar commercial services)?
1shoppingcart services fee is quite reasonable with loads of features
and stable implementation. In fact, this is the ecommerce/affiliate
solution  we would recommend to our clients, of course the downside is
that currently  there is no integration with drupal user accounts.  I
think the way 1shopping cart works should work especially well if you
have a network/networks  of related drupal sites, i.e. users can
purchase goods from different sites and you manage it from one place and
be able to follow up intelligently, also with tiered affiliate
features,  each site owner within the "networked" sites can set their
own commission rate for the products on different sites  (although we
have not tried  out this scenario yet, but in theory it should work like
this).

A robust ecommerce and affiliate program  seems pretty involved
especially in a networked multi-site environment. Personally we don't
want to take the accountability for ecommerce software integration, a
bridged solution between Drupal to some stable commercial software will
be ideal.

Jenny