[consulting] Eonfire Ground Floor Opportunity for Social Change-1year committment

Alex Rollin alex.rollin at gmail.com
Fri May 19 19:08:51 UTC 2006

Eonfire, the new campus-based network for social entrepreneurship,
www.eonfire.org, is establishing 11 student chapters across universities in
Canada and America this fall, and is looking for a *Chief Technology Officer
* who can build and manage our online infrastructure. The work will be
difficult, time-consuming, unpaid and phenomenally rewarding. If interested,
please send a note about who you are, your interests and passions, and your
resume to info at eonfire.org by May 28th, 2006.

*What we do:*
1) We foster awareness of the emerging field of social entrepreneurship at
college campuses (the idea that we can use our creativity, business savvy
and entrepreneurial prowess to tackle social problems). We operate where the
private, public and social sectors meet.

2) We connect students who are budding change agents, and incubate new
projects together.

*Who we are:*
20 undergrads from 11 different  universities across Canada and America,
including Arizona State, Columbia, Duke, Harvard, NYU, Rice, Simon Fraser,
Stanford, University of Alberta, University of Pennsylvania and Vanderbilt.

*Our Advisors:
*Individuals from Ashoka: Innovators for the Public, CivicSpace, Engineers
Without Borders Canada, Idealist.org <http://idealist.org/>, KaosPilots, Net
Impact, NYU, the
Schwab Foundation for Social Entrepreneurship, the Skoll Centre for Social
Entrepreneurship at Oxford, and Youth Venture.

*Skills required: *
Knowhow to install and maintain CivicSpace/Drupal, a open-source PHP/MySql
web application. Experience in web design with CSS/XHTML would be very
useful.  Responsibilities would be installing, configuring, and updating
Drupal/CivicSpace and theming the Eonfire website.  Community support would
be available to help answer questions and troubleshoot problems.

*Time commitment:*
5-10 hours a week in the summer, with less time requirements as the
infrastructure is built. This is a 1 year commitment.

*Preferable location of ideal candidate: *
Vancouver, BC, but we're open…

--
Sam Rosen
Principal