[consulting] Issue tracking for clients

Greg Knaddison - GVS Greg at GrowingVentureSolutions.com
Mon Oct 23 21:04:49 UTC 2006

On 10/23/06, Khalid B <kb at 2bits.com> wrote:
> There are other non-Drupal solutions, such as Trac http://trac.edgewall.org/
> but not sure how suited they are in more private settings.

In my experience with Trac I have found it to be very useful, but that
you have to have multiple installations if you want to have any level
of privacy between clients.  i.e. if I want to keep client A's and
Client B's tickets private to each client they each have to have their
own installation of Trac.

This is either painful or reasonable depending on your point of view
of Trac in general.

I've also used Mantis which has stronger/better privacy options but is
more complicated for users than Trac.

I look forward to hearing others points of view - I haven't seen a
winner solution for this.

Regards,
Greg

--
Greg Knaddison | Growing Venture Solutions
Denver, CO | http://growingventuresolutions.com