[consulting] Issue tracking for clients

Laura Scott laura at pingv.com
Mon Oct 23 21:39:53 UTC 2006

On Oct 23, 2006, at 2:33 PM, Khalid B wrote:

> But for tracking issues for a site one builds for a client, you don't
> want Client A to see Project B for example.

Following up on what Greg said, we found Trac to be a bit too
limiting for client ticket tracking. We're considering a project + og
solution, which would presumably allow us to force projects and
issues to belong to groups, which are private and used to define
client areas.

However, it's not easy to integrate that with a timeline, is it?
Adding calendar views can help, and the new timeline module looks
interesting.

Basecamp is okay, but I sure wish it had ways of tracking resources
and conflicts. Besides, we'd prefer "our own dogfood" kind of
solution, where we can tinker under the hood, if need be.

What would the specs be for a decent ticket tracker? And how close
would Drupal plus out-of-the-box Drupal modules bring us? Any ideas?
(If the gap is small, maybe we'd want to collaborate on a workable
solution?)

Laura