[consulting] Still need help with a Drupal one page handout

Boris Mann boris at bryght.com
Mon Sep 11 17:42:50 UTC 2006

On 9/11/06, Evan Leibovitch <evan at telly.org> wrote:
> Boris Mann wrote:
> > I'm writing to ask for more help with a one page handout [1], as Dries
> > and I are fully booked doing final preparations for DrupalCon.
>
> IMO what's there already is fine (except that "friendliness" isn't
> spelled with a "y").

Not sure what you mean by there already. There is the old one pager
from last year, and the start of some material for a new one.

And I hope you hit "edit" to fix the -y- :P

> If anything there are too many words, not too few. Don't feel the need
> to pack text into every corner of the paper; this isn't a spec sheet.
> White space is your friend. The main goal of a one-pager is to attract
> attention, tickle peoples' curiosity, and GET THEM TO THE WEBSITE where
> all the real information should lie. You can't do full justice to the
> system in one page so don't try.

While comments are somewhat helpful, we need actual humans to edit the
pages....that's why they're in a wiki.

> Unfortunately this sheet won't be of any use to me as we sell solutions,
> not features. If I'm marketing right, clients care more about speed,
> quality and value than choice of tools.

<snip>

It's a general use one pager, to be used when anyone from the Drupal
community attends events, conferences, etc. where they are appearing
as a representative/knowledgeable individual from the community.

I've suggested in the past that people collaborate on solutions
marketing, which could also be featured on Drupal.org, but that is not
the point of this exercise.

Thanks!

--
Boris Mann