[consulting] How do you receive payments?

Gerhard Killesreiter gerhard at killesreiter.de
Sun Sep 24 23:22:09 UTC 2006

Michael Haggerty wrote:

I must have missed the original posting.

>> Hi everybody,
>>
>> I'm working as a Drupal consultant during my free time. I'm still
>> studying at University so I'm not able to dedicate 100% to Drupal
>> development.
>>
>> However working on Drupal is perfect for me.. I don't have too many
>> restrictions and I'm payed really well.
>>
>> I usually receive payments using Paypal which I think it's a really
>> good service. It is also available here in Italy.. so I can get money
>> from all the world.
>>
>> However their 3.4% quote is IMHO too much.

Yeah, that's not acceptable. What I do is to ask my US clients to pay
through SWIFT. It usally takes some adjustments on their part (the US is
IMNSHO a bit underprivileged when it comes to banking ;-) but so far
nobody has declined to do that for me. What you need from your Italian
bank is their SWIFT number and the number of their US intermediary bank.

This is a lot cheaper than paypal, but I don't currently have any
numbers. IIRC the cost is between 1 and 2%.

Cheers,
	Gerhard