[consulting] How do you receive payments?

Fredrik Jonsson frjo at xdeb.org
Mon Sep 25 04:35:30 UTC 2006

Gerhard Killesreiter 06-09-25 01.22 +0200 wrote:

>  What I do is to ask my US clients to pay through SWIFT.

I try to convince customers to make payments via
IBAN/SWIFT but in some countries/banks it's seems
to be complicated and expensive. As a fallback I
use PayPal.

Within the EURO/EEC countries you can use something my bank call "EU payment".

From the home page of my bank:
"EU payment costs SEK 10 per payment and is
normally available to the recipient 3-4 weekdays
after the amount has been sent from
FöreningsSparbanken. In order to receive an EU
payment, the recipient must be registered with an
IBAN and BIC/Swift ID. There will be a charge if
you elect to pay the recipient bank's costs."

10 SEK is just a little over 1 EURO.

I make the payments directly through my Internet bank service, very convenient.

Fredrik

--
Web site: <http://xdeb.org/wiki/Fredrik>