[consulting] being a listed consultant

Boris Mann boris at bryght.com
Mon Apr 9 06:40:30 UTC 2007

On 4/8/07, Andrew Cohill <cohill at designnine.com> wrote:

> The bank I use has to fill out a very long form by hand. It is very
> easy for the bank teller to make a one digit transcription error that
> causes the transaction to fail.
>
> If you want to keep your customers happy, keep in mind that wire
> transfers are a lot of trouble for small transactions (under $1,000
> USD).

That may be correct....for the United States. Cheques are *very*
uncommon in Europe, and electronic transfers / wire transfers are
commonplace.

Also, here in Canada we have a business account with our bank with
full access online to business functions like wire transfers, money
exchange, etc. We can set up templates for wire transfers and once
they've been approved (up to a certain amount) it takes a minute or
two to send them in the future.

Good thread on "banking and payments around the world" :P

--
Boris Mann
Skype borismann