[consulting] Drupal Certification and Requirements

Wim Mostrey drupal at mostrey.be
Wed Dec 19 09:03:42 UTC 2007

I'm not sure. With Drupal's release cycle you'd have to re-take the exam every
two years at the very least. I'm not sure if people, especially self-employed
developers, are willing to pay up whatever it costs take just to get the
certificate to "prove" clients they are proficient with Drupal.

To support this point I refer to the Drupal Services page [1]:

"Note: We only list individuals and companies that have contributed to Drupal.
Even though a "contribution" is somewhat subjective and hard to define, it is
fairly easy to understand once you see it. See this discussion [2] on the
Development list for more definitions of contribution."

Your contributions prove you are good at Drupal, not some piece of paper.

Wim

[1] http://drupal.org/drupal-services
[2]
http://lists.drupal.org/pipermail/development/2006-August/thread.html#18496