[consulting] 2007: Year of the Drupal training event

Kieran Lal kieran at civicspacelabs.org
Wed Oct 31 16:36:36 UTC 2007

On 10/31/07, Sean Effel <sean at crushyou.net> wrote:

> Kieran,
>
> I have added the two training programs I work with to the wiki page,
> thanks
> for aggregating this.
>
> http://www.cctvcambridge.org/bootcamp - Feb 11, July 25, Oct 14 = total 50
> attendees (MA and MN)
>
> http://www.drupaltherapy.com/therapies - July 21, Nov 4 = total 45
> attendees
> (CA and DC)
>
> My own hold up in training is that I'm a newcomer in the arena and tough
> market myself.  I haven't earned much street cred yet, but I'm working on
> it.  It would be nice to have a location to break out professional Drupal
> services into development, training, etc, where big fishes and little
> fishes
> could be listed side by side.

http://drupal.org/paid-services  -- if you want to advertise here, let me
know.
http://drupal.org/drupal-services

The groups.drupal.org curriculum and training group is a good start but the
> new Drupal users I work wih don't yet know how to use g.d.o as best as
> they
> can - in fact, navigating the Drupal community is one of the elements of
> my
> workshops.

There are several ways you can help.  First, we are undergoing a re-design
of Drupal.org.  Putting together a re-design of a training session that
would work for you company would be helpful. Second, we need to market the
training opportunities in Drupal.  So far, we are just measuring how big of
a training opportunity that has been created in 2007.  If you wanted to help
focus on the marketing of training then you'd get some insight into how to
better market your organization and the Drupal project would benefit from
what  you learn.  I'd gladly work with you.  The marketing group has 126
members but Boris, Greg Knaddison and I could do with some help.

Thanks for the opportunity for feedback.

Thanks for you contributions so far.

Cheers,
Kieran

- -
> Sean Effel
> 617-653-2377
> http://www.drupaltherapy.com

To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.