[consulting] UI Engineer needed

Noah Mercer noah_ten at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 24 15:23:21 UTC 2007

A client of mine is looking for someone to fill the contract-to-hire role described below. Since they'll be using Drupal as their platform I thought I'd post it here. The client is in Seattle and would prefer someone local but would
probably be open to remote work for a candidate that was otherwise a
good fit. The job description is broad because there are two components: A Windows desktop software application as well as the Drupal-based website. They're looking for folks with skills in either domain, so don't worry if you don't have any experience designing Windows apps (or any desire to touch them :-). If you're interested please contact jobs at twenty20corp.com or call them at 425-673-1695.

Position:
User Interface Engineer (Project to Full Time Basis)

Twenty20

Twenty20
is a small, fast-paced company enabling people to shoot their life in
motion and SHARE it through video.  We are a four year old start-up
that is introducing a revolutionary wearable camcorder with click to
share software.  Our story is Video in Motion – made easy.  We’re
looking for great people to add to our team, but we are passionate
about our customers, video, and making everything appear easy.

Description

We
are looking for a UI Engineer to bring our desktop and web platforms
to life.  This isn’t network software or a minor task on a huge
project for a huge company.  You will design the entire user
experience, create interactive design mockups, establish and produce
visual assets, and write behavioral documentation needed for proper
design implementation. Having designed the interface,  you need
to be able to implement it as well, so plenty of experience with
HTML, CSS, Javascript (and preferably PHP) and/or the GUI aspects of
the Windows API is required.  If you have a passion for clean design
(make the experience easy), a track record of implementing effective
user interfaces, and a drive to work hard, then please let us know
who you are.

You
know the routine.  We’ll give you the tools you need, the team, the
direction, and we’ll all work together to deliver a true “click
to share” experience.

Characteristics

You
	must love start-ups and perfect design

	Be
	able to create a clean user experience that integrates seamlessly
	with the hardware experience

	previous body of work demonstrating you can get quality results from
	beginning to end

	Strong
	conceptual ability

	Works
	well with others (translation: can take feedback and make
	corrections)

The
Skills

BS
	or MS in Interaction Design, Cognitive Science (human factors),
	and/or Design.

	+5
	years of UI experience, preferably with web and desktop software

	Proficiency
	in Photoshop, Illustrator, Visio

	Design
	and produce wire frames (proficiency in HTML and CSS  a must)

	Drupal
	and PHP experience is preferred

Personal
Characteristics

team player with a sense of urgency, who sets aggressive plans, and
gets. Solve problems independently, establish trust, relating to
others, and building supportive relationships.

Salary

Competitive
salary + stock options (based on experience level)

We’ll
be competitive, but you have to bring the love.

Location

Seattle,
WA

Interested
candidates please send a resume along with a portfolio to:
jobs at twenty20corp.com
or give us a call @ 425-673-1695.