[consulting] What do you use for your email newsletters?

Scott Trudeau strudeau at umich.edu
Wed Feb 6 22:14:28 UTC 2008

There are grades.

If your list is relatively small and infrequent, and your web host allows
it, SimpleNews is probably good enough.

If you send enough email that you can afford the sysadmin costs to deal with
managing a high volume outgoing mail server vs. the cost of something like
CivicSMTP or CampaignMonitor, that makes sense -- but if you care about your
mail actually being delivered and want nice tools to track things like open
rates, IMO you'll have to be sending a LOT of mail before this is
cost-justified.

I think the middle ground is a pretty large space. IMO *most* broadcast
email lists should use a service.  I haven't used CivicSMTP but it sounds
fantastic for anyone who is already using (or willing to use) CiviCRM.

Scott