[consulting] DrupalCon Boston, March 3rd - 6th, Job fair March 3rd: 3PM-5PM, Sprint March 7th

Patricia Fessler fessler at post.harvard.edu
Thu Jan 17 18:58:30 UTC 2008

Dear Roshan,

Sadly, since the Drupal Association is only issuing Letters of Invitation in special cases where they know the individual personally, I think the easiest option is to register for the concurrent AIIM Expo.  It's darned expensive, but at least they have the lawyers necessary to handle these visa matters.

Info on their visa instructions: http://www.aiimexpo.com/aiimexpo2007/v42/index.cvn?id=10164
Info on registering: https://web1.accureg.com/aiim08_prod/webmain/RegLookup.asp

In the future, if the Drupal Association wishes to hold conferences in the US, they may wish to follow the approach of the Wikimedia Foundation, and coordinate with a major university.  For example, Wikimania 2006 in Boston was co-sponsored by Harvard.  From what I've heard, this enabled them to leverage Harvard's considerable legal department and letterhead clout to get letters of invitation.

And since they ran the conference in the summer, they even had low-priced accommodations at the dormitories.  Pretty sweet all around.

Regards,
Patricia (PRFB)