[consulting] copyright policies

Kevin Amerson kevin.amerson at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 17:00:01 UTC 2008

Does the non-compete cover this scenario?

Client A pays you for a solution to problem A that directly ties to their
business.  You retain the ability to reuse the code as you stated.

Client B is a direct competitor to Client A and comes to you for a solution
to the same problem.

You gladly hand them the same code tailored to them.

Who is competing with who?  In essence, Client A just paid to help out their
competitor, Client B.

I was a consultant for over 4 years and never under any circumstances would
we be allowed to reuse a solution built for one client for another client.
We were expensive, however, the client kept everything always.