[consulting] copyright policies

Dave Cohen drupal at dave-cohen.com
Fri Jan 25 00:53:20 UTC 2008

Robert,

I strongly encourage clients to accept the GPL as the license.  You can make
the arguments that sharing with the community will lead to better overall
code.  I also explain that Drupal and contrib modules are already GPL.  So a
portion of the code I deliver _will_ be GPL, and its "simpler" and "easier"
to put the entire deliverable under the same license.

I also explain that exceptions to this rule can be made for themes.  That is I
won't be sharing their customized look and feel with anyone else.

-Dave