[consulting] immediate help needed for a weekly signup functionality

cfmcoder at gmail.com cfmcoder at gmail.com
Sun Mar 9 00:01:10 UTC 2008

Hello,

I am new to Drupal, but decided to dive in head first to use it as a
foundation for developing custom websites for small businesses and
organizations.

For my first project, for which the beta must be done in a week, I am
realizing that I need extra help.

I have a Drupal site running on 5.7. The functionality that I need is
to  allow for the users of the site to be able to sign up for a given
time slot (for example, 30 minutes, but also configurable) during the
week starting the current date. When they sign up, they are signing up
for specific time slot for a duration lasting some days, weeks, or
months up to a year.

The code should be sensitive to different timezone of the users, as
well as the one central timezone for the system.

Each user can sign up for multiple time slots. Multiple users can sign
up for the same slots. However, the system should be designed in a way
that all the timeslots for the week will be filled in.

The sign up page will show a week of data, starting the current day.
Users can navigate back to the previous week, but they cannot sign up
for slots there. They can navigate to future weeks, and they should be
able to sign up there.

The weekly calendar should be visually appealing, and be able to show
whether a slot is empty or not, and how many are signed up. It should
also allow a signed in user to easily sign up for a slot, as well as
to show clearly where they have already signed themselves up.

You can take a look at the following site for a similar, though
limited, concept:
http://www.bridgesforpeace.com/prayer/calendar.php

I have considered modifying the following Drupal modules: Calendar,
Node Relativity, Events, Volunteer Timeslots. You can use these as
starting points. I think it would be difficult to achieve what I want
by just configuring these or other existing modules, but that is
certainly an option if you can figure it out.

If someone could do this as a new module, modification of existing
modules, that would be great. Any help or suggestion would be very
much appreciated.

Thank you.