[consulting] Salaries

Michael Goldsmith ixlr8 at comcast.net
Wed Sep 17 13:26:48 UTC 2008

Yeah, but there is an added benefit for working or yourself.  I happen to
have both a full time gig and do freelance on the side.  I only take
projects that I want to take.  I don't have anyone telling me what or how to
do things.  Given that I already have a full time gig limits the size of the
projects that I can do, somewhat, but that's ok, because it's extra income
no matter what.  If there's a project I really want, but can't handle it
myself, I can always hire other freelancers to help out.   There's a fellow
employee that I sometimes farm some work out to.  It works out nicely, he
doesn't bill me a lot since it's just extra income for him too, and I make a
small profit on his hours because I bill my clients at a higher rate than he
bills me.

Thank you very much for your time and consideration,

Michael Goldsmith
(732) 619-6865 - mobile
ixlr8 at comcast.net - email
http://www.platypustheory.com <http://www.ixlr8.org/>  - website