[consulting] Salaries

Josh McCormack josh at interactiveqa.com
Wed Sep 17 13:29:25 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-09-17 at 04:53 -0400, Michael Goldsmith wrote:
> Another thing to consider, when thinking about how much a consultant
> is
> worth at a full time gig would be a "bulk discount" on your hours.
> <snip>

We started offering a retainer plan that was really buying hours in
bulk, and it's been well received. We bill earlier, clients get a better
rate (hours don't expire and can be used however needed), and it
establishes longer term relationships that are almost quasi employee.

-Josh McCormack
Owner, InteractiveQA
Social Network Development & QA testing
http://www.interactiveqa.com