[consulting] Retainer Plans

Domenic Santangelo domenic at workhabit.com
Wed Sep 17 14:31:06 UTC 2008

"I think people are still getting used to the idea that web development is
an ongoing project -- not something you pay for upfront and you're done."

In my experience, it's more along the lines of:
"People are still getting used to the idea that web development is an
ongoing cost and often don't see the associated value."

This is something you should be thinking about when you first engage a
client -- show them how the web is an /ongoing strategy/, not just an
electronic business card. Clients don't blink an eye when they pay month
after month for IRL advertising; that's because they understand (or at
least, they've been sold to understand) that a small monthly investment
results in larger monthly gains.

-D