[consulting] Retainer Plans

Bob Morse bob at morsemedia.net
Wed Sep 17 16:40:54 UTC 2008

I use a similar model, except that for the retainer fee I set a limit on
the number of hours per month. I have different levels that cover
different numbers of hours per month. Some months the client pays and
doesn't use any or all of the hours. They do not roll over to the next
month. However, the benefits to them are prioritized handling of issues
and steep discount on the normal hourly rate. I also don't invoice them.
They either  use a PayPal subscription or an automatic credit card
charge each month. We both save time that way. They can cancel any time.