[consulting] consulting Digest, Vol 39, Issue 19

Daniel F. Kudwien news at unleashedmind.com
Mon Apr 27 13:13:04 UTC 2009

> As for the site, I imagine that this person can use devel
> module to analyze the query queue and perhaps make some
> suggestions -- maybe there's a poorly written module that's
> eating up a lot of resources.  Maybe there's a caching module
> I overlooked.  Maybe there's alternate approaches to getting
> the job done that wouldn't use as many resources.
> Thanks,
> Sam

Based on my overall performance optimization work for Drupal sites, poor
performance is most often caused by poorly written modules.  Fixing those
modules properly can be time-consuming; and ideally you find someone who
takes the additional work for getting the improvement into the original
module as a matter of course - so next time you update your modules, you
won't have to (re-)apply patches/hacks.

Daniel