[consulting] Question about hostmonster

Ayen Designs info at ayendesigns.com
Thu Aug 6 02:55:56 UTC 2009

Has anyone else had an issue with Hostmonster regarding "Server has gone
away" errors when running cron?  I have yet to get my client's site to
successfully send more than 10 newsletters using simplemail and SMTP.
I've set the send limit to 10 at a time, and turned off module updates
checking. There is a thread on mysql settings, and I noticed that some,
like packet size, are double what Hostmonster is set for. I let them
know this, and they gave me a non sequitur response. I changed all my
client accounts from the last hoster because they didn't have ssh, and
the one before them because they didn't give access to the error logs,
and the one before that because of their database limit...