[consulting] consulting Digest, Vol 43, Issue 27

Dane Ensign dane at deepsnow.us
Fri Aug 7 18:04:04 UTC 2009

I think an open standards knowledge/portfolio spec. simply put is a
tree with the branches
of the systems capabilities, aspects, etc. Those who choose to adhere
to the spec
can place their examples as leaves in these branches, whether it be
noob sandbox examples
or high-powered ones. I think in a matter of days a small crowd could
identify and organize
enough points of capabilities, in a useful and granular way, of the
Drupal system that a
developer could take inventory of their work, and itemize the points
(leaves of the tree) for which
they have fulfilled.

Frankly, I think any of us are well served to do this for ourselves
and our clients. Present and answer
the questions a client would have about Drupal in the first place and
how our skills/examples fit
into those capabilities. Just more food for thought.

Dane