[consulting] Drupal Certification (was: General consultant's vent)

Shai Gluskin shai at content2zero.com
Mon Aug 10 13:36:27 UTC 2009

I agree with Dries' approach completely.
The Drupal Association taking on certification would just lead
to divisiveness, in my opinion. The Board and General Assembly of the Drupal
Association are accountable to the "community," which is a hard thing to be
accountable to, even without a certification program.

There are many generally accepted Drupal best practices... but there are
also multiple ways to do things. Those multiple ways, in part, is where the
community gets a lot of its energy. Someone's "scratch your own itch" could
become the way everybody does things later on, but might look weird at
first. It would be toxic for the Drupal Association to try to manage that as
part of translating emerging practices into certification.

Shai
Owner, Content2zero Web Development <http://content2zero.com>